Thursday, May 21, 2015

Beginning

"Exercise Regimens"

Past

Last spring my fiance (then boyfriend) and I started running. It was great... just kidding, it totally sucked and I hated every minute of it. What I liked was the fact that I always felt good afterwards, I love feeling like I've accomplished something, I could track my progress through time and distance, and it was something we did together. He's in grad school right now, so as soon as fall came around, the running stopped. (Note: I used the couch-to-5k program to get started and ran two 5ks last year)

Starlight Run 5k (Spring 2014)

Color Run 5k (Summer 2014)
I'm a big fan of exercising with other people. It helps keep me motivated and if I feel like I'll let other people down if I don't do something, I'm much more likely to participate. When I was in school (I graduated last year) I really enjoyed taking part in the free yoga and Pilates classes at school.
Working on the yoga moves I learned in class (Spring 2013)


I like getting exercise unintentionally. What do I mean by this? When I was in school I lived downtown. Campus was about 2-2.5 miles from where I lived so I was walking 4-5 miles a day just to get where I was going. This was probably my favorite "exercise regimen" I've had to date. 

Present

I'm not doing a lot of anything at the moment. I have a weekly yoga class on Wednesdays, but it's pretty low key. I did start taking occasional walks on my lunch breaks at work. I've also played tennis 3 times in last 2 weeks. I like tennis because it goes very well with my "ticking yourself into getting exercise" theory. Tennis is fun, you don't really realize you're exercising, it's just a byproduct of having a good time. I'm not any good at tennis, but as long as you find someone else who isn't interested in playing seriously, it's a lot  fun anyway.

Playing tennis with my mom (spring 2015)

Future

Starting now it's time to have a real regimen. As I stated before I'm going to start the Kayla Itsines' BBG. Because this is a weekly schedule, and I'm a little bit crazy, I'm going to start next Monday. But saying you're starting something in the future is never a good idea, so what am I going to do between now (Thursday) and then? 

Firstly, I've created this blog to keep me on track. I'm also going to take an hour walk with my dog Grover every day between now and then, because walking is awesome. My fiance and I are planning to do a short day hike on Monday since it's a three day weekend (Woohoo!). I'm also trying to set up at least one "game" of tennis this weekend. That all should keep me pretty occupied until I actually start. 

In the meantime, I'm also prepping my surrounding and prepping mentally for this. 

1. I bought a mirror today so I can track my progress with pictures (I was unsuccessful at trying to hang it up myself so I'll have to ask my fiance when he gets home tonight for some help)

2. I've started gathering inspirational pictures that I'm going to hang up on my wall as a reminder. 

3. I made myself a reminder and put it on my fridge.
My schedule and mantra
4.  I bought some work out equipment I'll be needing come Monday.

5. I took before photos. This is absolutely the hardest thing for me to post here as I'm very ashamed of how my body looks right now. But it's an important part of the process. (and yes, I'm standing on the toilet to get these pictures)












No comments:

Post a Comment