Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Tuesday Week 1

Thursday Walk
I said this blog is to hold me accountable and that I would also use this space to document my mistakes. Well I didn't do as much working out over the long weekend as I had planned.

After my post Thursday, I did go for a long walk with my dog and it was great. We have a great trail up over a hill about 2 minutes from our house so I walked up and over the hill and continued walking for about 25 minutes before turning back. I definitely felt it in my legs for the next day or so.

Fishing



Friday I went fishing with a friend of mine and his dog. There was a little bit of off-trail walking involved to get to the lake from the car but this was completely nullified by the 3 beers I drank while we sat and watched the fishing rods. It was a great time though, I hadn't been fishing before this since I was about 10 and went with my dad. We didn't catch anything so we went back and bought some salmon and asparagus for the grill. It was delicious.



Resting After Tennis

Saturday I played tennis with another of my friends. I've been having a blast playing tennis over the last few weeks. My friend played competitively growing up but injured his shoulder so now he only plays occasionally just for fun. We have agreed to play tennis together every Saturday so long as the weather permits. On Friday he got an offer for a job in Arizona, which he's taking. I'm super bummed about this. I mean I'm happy for him he'll have a job out of college, but I feel like he's my little brother and I'm definitely going to miss him... also now I don't have a tennis partner. He's going to be a groomsman in our wedding and his parents still live in Oregon, so I know I'll be seeing him again.


Sunday I didn't do much of anything. My fiance needed to go to a study session over on the other side of town so I gave him a ride and brought the dog with the intention of taking a walk around Mt Tabor. I ended up going over to my sister's house and helping her make strawberry preserves from fresh strawberries she'd gotten that morning at the farmers' market. We then went to New Seasons and picked out 4 beautiful rib eye steaks and some veggies for dinner.

When Monday rolled around I remembered my promise to myself that I was going to take a long walk every day leading up to starting the BBG. I almost successfully talked myself into postponing for a week. But I knew if I did that now, I was basically just giving up on the whole thing. I had made this commitment to myself and definitely making this blog helped me feel like I had to do it because I'd written it down here saying I was going to start Monday. Well needless to say, I did it. It was miserable! But I was so proud of myself for making it through. By the end of the workout my legs were literally shaking and I realized I'm in even worse physical condition than I thought I was.

Today my legs are super sore. But it's in a good way. That feeling of I know I just worked out and it's working, I love that burn. This evening I'll go for my 30-40 minute power walk and I'm sure it'll kill my legs, but at least it'll be nice outside. Tomorrow I have an awards dinner to go to so I'm getting off work early. I plan to go home workout, shower, and change beforehand, so I'll still be able to get in my training, and, of course, tomorrow is Wednesday Yoga!


No comments:

Post a Comment